Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Paris & Polka Dots!!!!

Peppermint Swirl Dress "Under Construction" !!!!
     I finally got my hands on the "Peppermint Swirl" Dress/Skirt from Candy Castle Patterns.  I have been dying to make this dress and/or skirt for my granddaughter.  I also purchased the Ladies Version of the pattern and will try my hand at making one for myself in African Ankara print fabrics. 
     It's actually quite fun sewing all the flounces together. This could be a fun "mommy & me" project. 
     The layout and cutting of the flounces is what takes the longest. I had to use a counter to keep track of the number of flounces I had cut.  
     I will post the completed project soon. I can't wait to see her twirl in it!

In the meantime, keep swirlin & twirlin! 
Part 1: 1st 4 flounces sewn together 

Part 2: 6 flounces sewn together

                Part 3: 10 Flounces sewn together.  
4 More Flounces to Go!!!!





Part 4: All 14 Flounces sewn together!!

What's left to do:

**Construct the bodice and lining
***Attach the bodice to the Skirt
****Skirt using bias tape

#SwirlOnandTwirlOn

Part 5: Finished Skirt

Part 6: Bias Tape for skirt hem
The skirt called for 10 yards of bias tape so I made my own! 
The Simplicity Bias Tape Maker sure comes in handy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment