Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Denim Corset Simplicity #8129

Denim Corset Simplicity 8129 View D
Simplicity 8129 View D

The lining was not part of the pattern, but I had a small piece of African Print fabric so I added a lining to my corset.

Hand made bias binding made on my 
Simplicity Bias Tape Maker

Ride side binding added to corset.
Last few steps is to add binding to the entire corset.


Fabric: Denim from my stash
Lining: African print fabric from my stash
Threads: Denim and Gutermann Top Stitch (Heavy Duty)
Machines: I used my Bernina 1008 for the top-stitching and my Bernina Artista 200E to sew the corset and lining.
Pattern Alterations/Changes: I did not use boning as called for in the pattern. The denim is a nice weight with no stretch (Approx. 5-7 Oz).  I used a heavy interfacing instead which worked well. The back will be laced but I added leather band/trim with grommets and 1/8" leather lacing. I purchased the notions from Joann a while ago and had them in my stash for some time-see links below:


No comments:

Post a Comment